Spring Semester !!!
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL
1. COME TO CLASS WITH THE ATTITUDE TO LEARN AND DO YOUR PERSONAL BEST
2. HAVE A BOOK SELECTED THAT YOU WILL READ FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES, EVERY NIGHT
3. DAILY WRITING OF WHAT YOU HAVE READ- You should have at least 4 entries a week. If there are more, extra credit will be given.
4. WEEKLY CORRECTIONS OF YOUR WRITINGS
5. CLASSWORK NEATLY COMPLETED DAILY
6. LEXIA or Reading Plus - 25 MINUTES THREE TIMES A WEEK - total of 75 minutes a week
7. VOCABULARY - NEW VOCABULARY WORDS MONDAY-BIWEEKLY EXAM FRIDAY
8. BOOK TALKS
What is Reading Plus? Reading Plus is a web-based program that transforms how, what, and why students read. It is the only Common core reading intervention that prepares students to engage with complex text by developing all three dimensions of successful readers—capacity, efficiency, and motivation—which are the foundation of success.
Week of February 20th, 2018 - WE'RE OFF TO A GREAT START!!
"Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body". Joseph Addison
Google classroom calendar
By the end of this week, you should have
This is a suggested work week. When you choose to do the work, is actually up to you. However, it is due by the end of the week. Sunday - read for 20 minutes, write in your journal
- Worked on Lexia or Reading Plus for 75 minutes
- submitted 4 journal entries through your Google Classroom
- completed any and all workbook activities
- studied for your vocabulary test
- read your book nightly
Monday - new vocabulary words will be posted on:
www.quizlet.com, read for 20 minutes, write in your journal
Tuesday - 25 minutes of Lexia or Reading Plus, study vocabulary
Wednesday - study vocabulary, 25 minutes of Lexia or Reading Plus
Thursday - 25 minutes of Lexia or Reading Plus, study for vocab test.
Friday - read for 20 minutes, write in your journal
Saturday - read for 20 minutes, write in your journal
IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, PLEASE SELECT A BOOK FOR YOUR NEXT BOOK TALK!! BOOK TALKS MAY BE DONE ANYTIME BEFORE March 9th. HOPEFULLY, YOU WILL DO MORE THAN ONE BECAUSE...
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."