Dennis Crandall, Archbishop Hanna High School Principal
Mr. Crandallhas served youth and young adults in the field of education for 44 years. Mr. Crandall and the Archbishop Hanna HS faculty have accomplished in his fourteen years at Hanna Boys Center, including:
· helping Archbishop Hanna High School earn WASC/WCEA 6-year accreditation status in grades 8-12 in 2009 & 2015;
· the development of an annual theme each year. The 2017-18 Theme is: TOGETHER WE'RE BETTER ~ Preparing For the Future!
the creation of the Read to Succeed and Write On Programs (which focus on skill building in reading and writing);
· the cultivation of an organic garden which fosters sustainability, water conservation, composting, and supports our nutrition program;
· the development of a viticulture program which features 150 cabernet vines and provides vocational training in the planting and maintenance of the vines, and harvesting of the grapes;
establishment of an FFA Chapter during the 2017-18 school year.
· creation of a wilderness and outdoor education program which features hiking, backpacking, rafting, stewardship and volunteer spirit;
· addition of college preparatory courses to the curriculum; and
· the development of a comprehensive career pathway program geared to prepare students for life after graduation.
Prior to joining the Hanna staff, Mr. Crandall worked at Cardinal Newman High School in Santa Rosa for 30 years (1974-2004) and served in a number of capacities including Science and Math Teacher, Baseball and Football Coach, Development Director, Athletic Director, Assistant Principal, and Principal.
He is also a dedicated community member, devoting countless volunteer hours to community non-profits including St. Joseph Catholic Church in Cotati and Cardinal Newman where he served on the Board of Directors and also on their Capital Campaign Committee for six years.
Mr. Crandall earned his BS in Atmospheric Science from UC Davis in 1972, a Life Secondary Credential in Physics & Math from
He has been married for 42 years to his wife Marcia. He is proud of his three children who all have college degrees: Emily, age 39, BA degree in History ~ UC Santa Barbara; Stuart, age 37, BS degree in Business Management ~ Arizona State University; Caitlin, age 35, BA degree in Theater Arts ~ SF State. He has three grandchildren: William, age 9; Lucy, age 5; Conor, age 6; and Brady, age 4.